Marriage Certificates | Official Government Issued

Applications for marriage certificates are available to be securely ordered online by proceeding to step 1 below.

Get Started NOW!

We act as agents for expediting vital certificate applications. We are not affiliated with any government agency. Vital certificates and forms may be ordered from the relevant government agency for free or a lesser cost. This site is available for use by the general public and legal profession to obtain government approved and official certificates issued by the government agency.

We accept all major credit cards, money orders and cheques. Most government vital record offices do not provide online ordering services or accept all major credit cards.

Our secure online ordering service saves you the hassle of having to personally attend government offices which often have long lineups. We also provide expert assistance and thorough review of all pertinent information to ensure compliance with government rules and regulations resulting in you receiving your certificate without additional delays. We guarantee that if there are additional delays, or if you do not receive your certificate for any reason, we will promptly provide a full refund.

Our experience and expertise makes the process of obtaining your vital record quick, easy and free of complications. We know exactly where and how to obtain your vital record and we make sure your order will not be rejected. Our helpful customer service representatives can provide email or phone order confirmation not available when ordering through the government agency and are readily available during business hours to provide any assistance.

To get started, simply proceed to step 1.

  • Complete, print and sign the application form
  • I need aMarriage Certificate for
  • Fax, scan and email or mail your completed and signed form
  • Scan & Email:
    Fax: 1-866-265-6300
  • Receive your certificate by mail or courier

* Please be advised that given/birth/maiden names will appear on the marriage certificate unless one or both spouses have undertaken a legal name change.

Who Can Apply For A Marriage Certificate?

Eligibility requirements vary by province or territory. Please select the province or territory where the marriage occurred.

This site is available for use by the general public and legal profession to obtain government approved and official certificates of marriage issued by the government agency as an independent authorized agent.

Marriage Certificates From Canadian Provinces and Territories

Required as proof of a legal marriage, to ensure the rights of spouses and children are respected, to apply for certain social benefits, to settle an estate and to change or hyphenate a surname, a marriage certificate is an official vital record issued by the provinces and territories.

Same-Sex Marriage

On July 20, 2005, Canada became the fourth country in the world and the first country in North America to legalize same-sex marriage nationwide with the enactment of the Civil Marriage Act.

Canadian marriage certificates are gender neutral.

Is the Certificate of Marriage Required to Apply for a Divorce?

Yes, you must have an official government issued certificate of marriage or certified copy of the registration of marriage to apply for a divorce in Canada. If you require a low-cost divorce service, we recommend

Privacy Policy

It is important to us that your privacy is protected and the personal information you provide us is collected, used and disclosed only for the purposes of that which you have authorized us. The information provided to us in your application is collected, used and disclosed solely for the purpose of requesting the documents which you require from the respective government agencies. Your personal information will only be submitted to the agency to which you directly authorize us to do so at the time your application is submitted. All information submitted is strictly confidential and will not be passed on in any other form for any commercial purpose. Download Our Privacy Policy.